Releasing Monitoria - Website Monitoring Service| Robert Balent
Has it ever happened to you that your hosting crashed, and your website was down for hours without you even noticing? Never again!
Monitoria is an active monitoring service you can use to monitor your website or basically any HTTP(S) endpoint. It will periodically send requests to the selected URL, and when it starts receiving errors, it will send you a notification.
This way, you will be notified immediately when your website is down.
When you create a monitor, it will be sending a monitoring request every 5 minutes. After three consecutive failures, the monitor will send a notification to your email address.
Besides the notification functionality, you can find a lot of useful information on the monitor overview page. Most importantly:
- Monitoring statistics
- Timeline of monitoring requests and events
- Information about why the monitoring request failed
Check out the screenshot below showing the monitor overview and describing the monitoring timeline.
Even though we just started, there is already plenty of features we plan to implement in the future. Before the end of this year, we will be releasing:
- Much faster notifications with 1-minute monitors
- More notification options (multiple email addresses, SMS, etc.)
- Advanced configuration options for monitors (configurable monitoring request and success checks, variable alarming and recovery intervals, etc.)
Anyway, these are exciting times, and I’m looking forward to continue working on this project.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or just want to say hi, send me an email at email@example.com. I will be happy to hear from you.